- do not put salt in oatmeal- my first attempt at making oatmeal ended in a salty mess. I'll explain- it says in the directions to put a dash of salt in, so I did. I learned to NEVER do that again.
- bananas cannot stay in a cabinet- I didn't put them in the cabinet, but my roomie did and we had a small fruit fly infestation
- you only need 1 or 2 of every dish/ utensil- if you overload on cutlery and dishes, that's just more you have to wash
- don't let dishes pile up- my motto is- you use it you wash it (right after you use it!)
- make a grocery list of ingredients you will need for certain dishes so you don't forget
- always have a back up dish in mind when you go to the grocery store if they don't have what you need. This week when we went shopping, I was going to make salmon and tabbouleh. Guess what? They had neither, so I had to come up with some other things quickly!
- buy a frozen meal for those just in case times when you don't have time to cook or you run out of food!
- always have an open mind about living with new people and try your best to be fair and equitable when making decorating plans or trying to share your space
P.s check out my new tab at the top called Kitchen Kreations to learn about my culinary discoveries!