Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm CRAZY about MUSEUMS

Ok this is very true.  I am crazy about museums.  This is not even slightly a lie or an exaggeration.  I LOVE museums, especially free ones.  Hey, it's hard to study abroad and control oneself when it comes to spending.  So, how do I find out about free museums you ask? Luckily there is a fantastic little tourist book that's published each month with special exhibits in certain museums as well as a general list of museums with all their information- including pricing and if/when they are free!! 

Let me amaze you for a minute...(in Madrid) I have been to:

Museo del Prado
Museo Nacional...Reina Sofia
Museo Thyssen
Museo Sorolla
Fundacion MAPFRE
Espacion Fundacion Telefonica
Galeria Elvira Gonzalez
CaixaForum
Ermita de San Antonio de la Florida
Museo ABC de Dibujo e Ilustracion
Museo Geominero
Museo de Historia
Museo de Arte Publico
Museo Naval
Museo Tiflologico
Templo de Debod





It sounds excessive but all of these I have gone to for free and all have been SO interesting.  I don't have a favorite since they are all extremely different, but I've really liked the MAPFRE, CaixaForum, Ermita de San Antonio, the Templo de Debod, and of course the Prado. 

Saturday I met with my friend Erin to go to the Museo of San Isidro.  We didn't end up finding it so we went shopping instead and then got pistachio gelato...but I shall not give up.  I'm gonna try again to find this museum maybe tomorrow or this weekend.  We shall see. 

Hasta luego,

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment