Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bonjour! C'est la vie!

     Hello everyone! or as we say in France...Bonjour!  I'm so excited to be able to communicate with you now as I have been without wifi until this morning! I'm not a big "stay connected all the time" sort of person, but I've really been missing the contact with my parents.  SO, let me give you a brief but very long (oxymoron) update on what I have been up to!



1. I flew to France using Delta- p.s Delta international stinks! There's nothing to do in the terminal-no shops and no where to eat- so don't buy plane tickets there!



2. I met all of my other "class-mates".  Mostly everyone is from Texas or Florida, but I really like all of my mates!  Everyone is different but they are all nice and interesting in their own ways!  I have made some closer friends and I like to explore and hang around with them.



3. I moved into a studette- definition- a small, 1 room, apartment that is still attached to the main apartment. So I don't really have "host parents", but if I'd like to initiate more contact, I can (and I do.)


4. I have learned, quite successfully, to navigate the Paris metro.  It's quite simple and I even have a metro card that gives me unlimited access to riding the trains. 



5. I've visited the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Musee D'Orsay, took a tour on the Bateau Mouche, and visited the Musee Gourmand du Chocolat.  In between all of this I've had many meetings and information sessions, I've wandered around the streets of Paris with my mates, and I've eaten a lot. 

Well, got to run.  Hope you've enjoyed un morceau of paris!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment