Sunday, December 16, 2012

Spanish and French- a very bilingual major

     Hi everyone, not sure if I've ever really pointed this out, but I'm a Spanish and French double major.  It can prove a difficulty at times, but most of all it is very rewarding. 

Logistics: the major requirements are the same

One must take:

- fourth semester of the language
- Advanced conversation (or studying abroad)
- Advanced Grammar and Composition
- Literary studies
- 18 credits of upper level courses
- Senior Seminar

I have always found that it is helpful to know a second language, and in the job world sometimes it is essential.  I definitely recommend studying languages at SMC, some of my favorite professors have been my Spanish and French Professors!

Well, Happy Holidays!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment