Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SMC Film Series

      There has been an ongoing movie series throughout the months of January, February, March, and now April.  Every Thursday a different movie was shown and a professor from that department would give an introduction. 


     Last Thursday I was required to see Amelie for my French class with an introduction by Professor Vantine.  I was still on the technology fast, but it was for academic purposes, so clearly I had to go.  I just have to say that Amelie was the most interesting and beautiful movie that I have seen in a long time.  The characters, cast, and original plot all made me just so happy and glad to be watching it!

Here is a description:
The original full title of the film Amélie, is "The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain," and "fabulous" it is. A highly-stylized blend of realism, fable and fantasy in a quirky romantic comedy. As a young adult, Amélie, anonymously meddles in other people's lives to bring them an unexpected dose of happiness or a needed lesson.
Here is a trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2330460441/

     Well, if you have any questions tweet me, formspring me, or use the contact page up top!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment