Saturday, February 11, 2012

up to SNOW good

     Whenever someone hears that I go to school in Vermont, the automatic response is "oh it's cold up there!"  And I say why yes it is!  I love snow, and I definitely picked the perfect school.  Last year we even got a snow day.  This year, as many of you know, has not been very snowy, but early this morning I felt some snow blowing in on my face from the outside (I keep my window cracked) and I was overjoyed!  There are some essentials for staying warm:
  • call it what you will, but long underwear/ long Johns/ thermals/ whatever
  • under armour (optional)
  • hot chocolate
  • boots
  • big woolly socks
  • a warm coat
  • gloves, scarves, hats, etc
  • an open mind to dress like a crazy person!
     My friends Taylor, Eleanor, and I took a walk this morning from Pontigny to Rite Aid and it was a ton of fun.  It was about 10 degrees, but we made sure to bundle up:



     I have some friends who absolutely hate snow, but they still love being here at SMC, so it's definitely just something you have to take with a grain of salt.  And don't worry, they are always salting the pathways here or we'd all be slip sliding around!!! 

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment