Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Celebrations

     Valentine's Day: wonderful, sweet, fun, sugary, and delightful.  Some of the words that come to mind when I think of this holiday, but mostly celebrating love.  I started the day getting ready and heading to breakfast to eat with my friends.  I was surprised to get some lovely Valentines from my wonderful friends and the day started out right! 
     I went to class (Modern Latin America) and then to my Self Defense class which is held in Ross.  That was great, until I got elbowed in the lip.  Let's just say (in the words of Marci) that it looked like I had plumping lip gloss on...in other words, a fat lip.  Oh well, I took it in strides, I mean it happens every once in a while, right? I went to the library for 15 minutes to read a magazine (a Tuesday tradition) and then went to Alliot to meet with Alex for our 1:00 lunch.  I was absolutely delighted to find that there was french onion soup today, yum! After lunch I moped around until I had to go to a Founder's Society meeting.  Honestly, I was a tad bummed it was today instead of tomorrow, but what can you do?!  After we got dinner and there was a station in Alliot where there were chefs making cherries jubilee!  It was delish!


There's Megan!


     After dinner, I made the quick decision to go to zumba instead of getting some ice cream from Ben and Jerry's (they were giving out free scoops).  I had an excellent time dancing and grooving out to the great zumba dances.  I left early and met my friend Taylor in Alliot at 7:30 and I had a cup of tea.  Finally back in my room for the night, I relaxed with my friends listening to some Sinatra while writing this and then watching New Girl on tv.  Overall, it was a pretty excellent day and I'm happy that I got to be with my friends on this glorious Valentine's Day! 

Cheers,

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment