Monday, May 2, 2011

Kayley, what do you think is the most defining part of your experience at saint michael's?

     Hmmmm, this is an excellent question and thank you for asking it! I really think the most defining part of my experience at Saint Mike's is the acceptance I feel when I'm here. Everyone, including both the students and the faculty, is really welcoming and willing to help you around campus. Last semester I was taking my Geography final two days early and thought that the exam was at 1:00 in the afternoon on Tuesday, but it was really at 9:30 that day. My friend, who was taking the final exam with me, texted me that morning asking why I wasn’t at the exam. I was already late by 30 min and I was so nervous to walk into the class. I got to the classroom and froze; I was terrified to go in. I was pacing and pacing outside the door, when a girl was passing me. I stopped her and asked her 'should I go into my class? I'm a half hour late for my exam.' She calmed me down and told me to go into my class. My professor was really understanding and allowed me to stay a little late to finish my test. At the time I was extremely nervous, but I am so happy I asked that girl for help. This is just one example of the compassion that both students and faculty are willing to give any person. The community feel at Saint Mike’s is palpable and is one of the main reasons why I came to Saint Mike’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment