Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Springing into Spring with a great break

     Well, spring break was last week, and I certainly had a nice one.  I flew home on Friday night with Alex of course and was welcomed home by 2 very excited puppies.  I can't remember much from the weekend- mostly errand running and relaxing at home, but I do remember everything I did on each week day as follows:

Monday- I met up with my cousin Theresa and we got bagels at Bellmore Bagel Cafe.  We had a great time catching up and just hanging out with each other. 

Tuesday- I met up with my friend Joanna to eat lunch and then go see the movie This Means War.  I love seeing Jo and we always have a great time telling each other about our crazy lives. On top of that, the movie was so funny and I can't wait to see it again.  

Wednesday- THE BEST DAY OF ALL...I went into NYC to meet up with Alex and Professor Saint Laurent.  Can you believe that?  I was so excited and honored that she asked me if I wanted to meet her at the Metropolitan Museum to see the Byzantine and Islamic art exhibit.  We had a wonderful time walking around the museum with Prof Saint Laurent and it was just like having an expert tour guide!  I LOVE the Met and it was made so much better by being with a great friend and a great professor



Thursday- was a lazy day, but I did walk to the library to get a book and movie and later on my dad and I took a walk with our dogs.

Friday- My mom took the day off from work, so we went out to run errands, went to Macy's, and that night we had a big family pizza dinner.  It was wonderful to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Saturday- was devoted to getting ready for my return to campus.  I packed and got my suitcase organized for the upcoming trip.

Sunday- woke up at 6:00 because my flight was supposed to be at 9, but it was delayed until 11! Alex and I did have a fun time in the airport reading, complaining about the delay, getting jamba juices, and catching up about break. 

     I'm so glad to be back at SMC and with my friends.  I can't wait for the upcoming weekend- we have Jay Sean at our Spring concert- and the rest of the semester.

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment