Friday, September 16, 2011

Career Counseling

     Tuesday the 13th, I went to my first career counseling meeting.  The career office is located in Klein Hall which is between Saint Edmund's and McCarthy Arts Center.  Here is a picture-


     Klein is number 7, McCarthy Arts Center is number 9, and Saint Edmund's is number 6.  It is a small building right in between the two buildings behind the teaching and rock gardens.



     I went in a couple days before hand to schedule a meeting (which you have to do) and was scheduled to meet with Ingrid Peterson at 2:00.  I was very excited, but I didn't have any direction or questions for her besides- I may know what I want to do with the rest of my life.... but I'm not quite sure yet. It's a good idea to have a possible career direction for yourself when you go in, it makes her job easier.  You also can go in to the career development office if you are having trouble picking a major. 
     Ingrid was very helpful and started off by helping me search for possible career paths for my majors.  From there, we looked up the listed careers and then used search engines to explore the endless possibilities. 
     I highly recommend going into the career development office as soon as you can! It's easier to change your minds now, then if you wait until your junior or senior year! 

  • The Career office is open from 8:00 - 4:30 Mondays through Fridays
  • The Career Library is open from 8:00-4:30 Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays
  • Here is the phone number in case you need to call and schedule an appointment or ask a question  802.654.2547
Hope this helps, have a great weekend and feel free to ask me anything!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment