Friday, December 2, 2011

Lessons and Carols!

     Tonight I saw an awesome concert called Lessons and Carols!  It was held at 7:30 in the Chapel and was hosted by the Saint Michael's Chorale and the South Burlington Community Chorus.  They both sang beautifully and did a really spectacular job.  I went with my best friend Taylor and we had such a good time singing and enjoying the wonderful Christmas music. 



     They sang-

     O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
     Gloria
     Do You Hear What I Hear
     Joy to the World
     Sing for Peace
     It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
     The First Noel
     Silent Night
    
     We even got to stand up and sing along with the choirs during O Come, O Come, Emmanuel, Joy to the World, It Came Upon a Midnight, and Silent Night.  During the song Silent Night we were able to light the candles that we received at our entry into the chapel.  With the lights dimmed and all the candles shining it was truly a beautiful sight!  I hope if you were able to go you enjoyed it, and if not, I hope you can go next year!


     It was really a nice program and it was so incredibly wonderful to share the experience with my friend.  Feel free to ask me any questions about life here at Saint Michael's College!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment