Monday, January 16, 2012

Easy Printing

     Hello readers!  Before break, I wrote a post about our amazing IT department here.  Well this semester I have finally decided to set up the printing system for my own laptop.  It has taken me a while (very overdue) but it is quite simple!  I previously thought that it was going to take hours and I wouldn't be able to use my laptop after and everything would just blow apart.  A little dramatic, I know, but I'm definitely not good with electronics and I don't want to ruin my laptop.  WELL,  as I get back to printing on campus....the IT department put simple instructions on its website to guide you through the downloading process-

  1. go to this page
  2. are you a PC or a Mac?
  3. if you are a PC then you have to click on this page and follow the instructions (I could not have said them any better)
  4. then close out of it and click on the page underneath that says "Windows Pharos Client"
  5. if you are a Mac then you go to this page and follow these instructions
     If you have trouble, then you can go to the IT help desk Mondays- Thursdays 7:30 am-7:30 pm and Fridays 8:00 am-4:00pm.  I hope this has helped you and please ask me any questions you have about SMC through twitter, formspring, or my contact page!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment