Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gulliver's Travels

     Hello everybody, this past weekend we were lucky enough to have Monday and Tuesday off! Wahooo!!! Since I live so far away from campus, flying home is the easiest, fastest, and best way for me to make it back home!  There are so many different ways to make it home, but I find the best way to figure out your best mode of transportation is by knowing how you are most comfortable.  

    Alex and me at JFK airport!
  • MegaBus is a bus service that is extremely affordable (sometimes as low as $1) that travels all over New England.  It is a great option for inexpensive travel.  It even offers certain amenities such as free Wifi, panoramic windows, and lots of leg room.  The bus leaves from UVM which is a stop on the CCTA bus route. 
  • Amtrak is a train service that is another affordable option.  It has service all over the country and the train station is right in Essex Junction.  Also, the bus goes right to the train station so you don't need to look for a ride!
  • Knightslist is a fantastic site to connect with other SMC students who are going to be driving home over the breaks.  You can offer a ride, for instance- I am going to be driving to Long Island, anyone need a ride?, or you can ask for a ride.  This is a great opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, and have a fun drive home with other students.
  • Alex and me waiting in JFK
  • Burlington Airport is located about 10 minutes from SMC and is just a bus ride away.  Flying is my favorite mode of transportation and I LOVE JetBlue.  Delta, Continental, United, and US airways are also located in the Burlington Airport. 
    
Alex and me in Burlington Airport...you can tell we're a little tired because
our plane was delayed for two hours...oh well!

     Just as a side note, I would like to point out that my friends Alex, Angelica, Amy, and I are all famous as we made an impromptu appearance in the Burlington Free Press! It was an article written about the airport needing fees for certain services. 

That's me in the green coat, Alex in the purple coat, and Angelica and Amy in black coats!


     Going home on breaks can be an issue, but I hope my little bit of experience can help you when you need to plan out your mode of transportation.  One last piece of advice- throughout the semester I find it's a great idea to keep a list of the items you'll need at home.  It's much harder to try to remember them later than if you think of them and write them down right away.  As always feel free to send me any questions you have!

Kayley

1 comment:

  1. I think we should enjoy each ride that we take during our trips, wherever they may be. I like your return trip recommendations.

    Apartment in pattaya

    ReplyDelete