Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

     Today the American Shakespeare Center of Traveling Players came to Saint Michael's to put on a production of a Midsummer Night's Dream. The show was put on in McCarthy at 4:00.  I was required to go for my British Literature class, but I'm really happy that I was! Most of us have read some Shakespeare in high school, but it was really great to read the play and then see it live right here at school!
     The doors opened at 3:45 and the show started at 4:30, but at 4:00 there was a pre-show performance, which I was lucky to get some video of!


     Sorry the video is not great quality....but it does show the types of costumes the actors were wearing and towards the end you can really hear them singing!

     Here is an image of the Queen Titania and Nick Bottom!


     This is just one great example of performances we are fortunate enough to be able to see here at Saint Mike's.  Feel free to ask me anything about college life!

Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment