Sunday, April 3, 2011

First-Rate Flynn

The Flynn Center for the Performing Arts

      The Flynn Center for the Performing Arts is located in Burlington and is a quick bus ride away.  The Flynn Center Cultural Pass gives students an opportunity to see different performances at the Flynn for FREE!  The pass is free for those in the Honors Program and only $30.00 for those who are not.  Once you receive your pass you can fill out a form to choose which performances throughout the year you would like to see.  The performances which are free are dictated in a brochure you receive when purchasing the Flynn pass.  When filling the form out, you can also opt to get tickets with a friend so you can sit next to each other in the different shows.  When a performance is approaching, you pick your tickets up a week prior to the show in the Knight Card Office in the upstairs of Alliot. 


The Wizard of Oz

     On Wednesday March 30, I saw the Wizard of Oz with my friend Erin.  We took the 5:00 bus into Burlington and ate at Bueno y Sano, a restaurant which makes delicious burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and salads.  We then walked through Church Street and the surrounding area window shopping.  Sitting in the audience before the show started, I saw about 12 Saint Mike's students!  I was especially surprised to see my friends Dailey, Marlee, and Amy (Marlee's and Amy's seats were right behind me!).  The show began at 7:15 and lasted until 9:45 with a 15 minute intermission.  The singing and acting were amazing and really true to the plot line in the movie.  They even had a drop screen to depict the tornado and the house falling into Oz.  I really enjoyed the show and I hope you will take advantage of this great opportunity next year. 
     This coming Wednesday the 6th I am going to see Spring Awakening with Erin.  We will also be seeing our friends Megan, Marci, Katie, and Mary.  I'm not sure what Spring Awakening is about, so I hope I enjoy it.  Either way, I'm going to be with my friends so I'll have a good time. 
     The Flynn Cultural Pass is an opportunity that shouldn't be passed up.  There are so many qualifying shows to see that you'll want to see them all. 

Kayley

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayley,
    Thanks for the great shoutout to the Flynn -- glad you enjoyed "The Wizard of Oz," and we know you'll love "Spring Awakening" tomorrow night. Would you mind if we put a link on our Facebook page to your blogpost? Totally okay with us if you'd rather we didn't.
    Thanks,
    Leigh Chandler, Director of Marketing at the Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, of course you can link my blog on your facebook! This is a huge compliment and I am honored.
    Thanks so much,

    Kayley

    ReplyDelete